Thursday, September 10, 2009

River tracing

River tracing is a sport in which you traverse up a river to get to a certain point, in our case, Liang Shan (cool mountain) waterfall.
My previous workmates had arranged the trip and so they asked me to come along. And so I asked the Andrews plus the sister who was visiting at the time to join.

At the start of the trip, I think the second photo looks a lot more true to nature.









We started at a pool in the river where the guide let us slide down some of the rapids. It was kind of bumpy and rocky so it wasn't as much fun as it seems.









Whilst making our way up the river, we came across a section that needed one person to give the others a 'push up'. I was chosen and normally I wouldn't mind. However, pushing up meant that I had to push from their bums, so what is the correct way to push Taiwanese girls (including your ex-boss) up if you haven't met them before???!!!









I had tried to push from various different places, but in the end, pushing their bums up was the best way. I am not too sure if the reaction of the girl in the second picture is that of surprise or embarrassment.

































Wet and slightly cold, the warm noodles were greatly welcomed!









And the end of our hike was 'liang shan waterfall' which I think the guide said was around 30 metres tall. As it had rained in the days before, the waterfall was in full force which made it impressive to look at, but extremely hard to get close to, and even harder to climb up.













My gloves can just be made out from behind the downpour. Being there was pretty much the closest I will ever experience to being in a washing machine!









And then it was one last photo to finish off the trip.

No comments: